REASON University is dedicated to the discovery, development, communication, and application of knowledge in the fields of Song Writing, Recording Music and Sound Design using Propellerheads Reason. Its mission of providing the highest quality courses is inseparable from its mission of developing new understandings through research and creativity. It prepares students to assume roles in using Reason and service to the sonic world of music and its FREE! Just select a class and start learning.
- Music Theory – Instructor – Andrew Furmanczyk – This music theory tutorial was designed to teach you to learn music in a fun easy way. This is a complete course series with all topics covered and explained, from beginner rudiments all the way up to advanced rudiments music theory. There is homework given at the end to help this music theory stick in your head! Make no mistake about this course, its knowledge is powerful and if you take the time to finish it and study it will change your life.
- Piano Lessons – Instructor – Andrew Furmanczyk – This is a series of lessons that teach you how to play piano for yourself RIGHT from the VERY beginner all the way to the late intermediate / early advanced stage of piano. Playing the piano is not out of reach and know these lessons are great!
- SongWriting Theory – Instructor – Peter Franklyn – will be your instructor in this great course to compliment the Music Theory Course
in helping you make new songs. Learn how to choose the right chords to write songs. Stuck on a chorus or verse? Watch these videos to see the tools you can use to find that missing link.
- Synthesizer Boot Camp – Instructor – Simon Cann – Understanding Synthesizers is hard for some and can be difficult to wrap your head around, with all those sliders, knobs and buttons on all of them. In this Reason U course you will learn the Fundamentals of how all Synthesizers work which will give you the power to control those synthesizer beasts. Put on your boots and get ready for Synthesizer Boot Camp, ATTENTION!
- CV/Gate – Instructor – Matthew Hess – This course is in development.
Do you have a good subject that you think would be great for Reason U?